Describe the Project (Goals, Requirements, and Outcome):
Budweiser Gardens is a legacy client of Digital Echidna and we’ve enjoyed a long and mutually appreciative relationship. We have supported the Budweiser Gardens in preparing various materials for key events, as well as assisting in their rebranding efforts from being the John Labatt Centre.
Budweiser Gardens is London’s premier sports and entertainment facility, hosting a variety of shows, concerts, and sporting events throughout the year. The facility needs a site that’s not only responsive – as many of its clientele access it through hand-held devices – but also is easy for its sales and marketing staff to update, is secure and robust enough to handle an immediate influx of thousands of online ticket requests, and is visually appealing enough to reflect the vibrancy and dynamic nature of the venue.
The organization also wanted to extend its marketing efforts to include more of a “night out” functionality, which would encourage patrons of the venue to either come early or stay late, making them aware of the various food and beverage options available on-site. It also wanted to drive traffic to its luxury suites section, as a revenue-generating opportunity.
Why Drupal Was Chosen:
The client needed a CMS system that offered the capabilities, amongst others, of an event calendar, advertising system, as well as the ability to assign different roles to control different content publishing areas.
Key Modules, Theme, and Distribution Used:
• Views used with calendar plugin
• Custom module used to create responsive drop downs
• Simple Ads module
• Drupal’s user roles feature
• A custom responsive image gallery module
Why these Modules, Theme, and Distribution were Chosen:
• Views used with calendar plugin to create event calendar
• Custom module used to create responsive drop downs that function well for desktop and mobile users. Desktop users can use mouse hover to trigger the drop downs and mobile users are provided a hit area to trigger them.
• Simple Ads module was used for ad creation, management, display and statistic tracking
• Drupal’s user roles feature was used to manage permissions for the site’s content curators so they are able to see only relevant content management options for their needs
• Our custom responsive image gallery module was used as a responsive friendly solution for traditional desktop lightbox galleries. Mobile users are shown a slider type gallery and desktop users a lightbox thumbnail gallery.